Hallie and Braden have already started spring break and I can't get enough of lounging in our pj's all day, no schedule, good naps, popcicles, and all my gorgeous flowers. This year I promised myself that I will not let anything green die. I do not have a green thumb and D rolls his eyes at me anytime I plant something. HOWEVER, I do have the motivation and it has paid off. I need to take some pictures but there are many things 'in bloom' around my house. I forced bulbs (actually they don't need much forcing with 75 degree weather), filled my large outdoor flower pots, have little carrot tails peaking out from dirt, yellow flowers on my climbing vine, beginning buds from my strawberry plant, and a basil plant with lots of basil that my mom picked me up yesterday. I love it!
So I must feel rejuvinated with good sleep and not running around like crazy that I made a pact with myself that I will cook dinner every night this week...and not just throw it together, breakfast for dinner, smorgesbord dinners. These are good balanced dinners! Monday we had grilled pork chops, tonight we had these ribs. I even slow cooked them on the grill for 1 1/2 hrs and they were yummy. Tomorrow we are having homemade lasgna with my mother in law's bread recipe that is soooo good. It takes forever to make but well worth it.
Just hope the hubby doesn't get used to all this cooking...I'm sure we'll be back at In n Out soon. :)
5 comments:
Spring in Arizona sounds beautiful!
enjoy your break, the weather, your garden (i am jealous) and your yummy dinners. Miss you guys!
that was me on the last comment. :)
sounds delicious! but you are such a great cook that the dinners you "throw" together are amazing as well!
p.s. thanks for the sweetest email! i put that in my journal, you and drew's experience...
Way to go Tanya!
Post a Comment