Yes, this is one of my counters. My whole kitchen looked like this for a while when I tried to reoganize my "pantry" (which is only cabinets).
Those of you who know me well know I LOVE a good deal. For almost a year, I have been coupon clipping and saving in groceries. Tonight I headed to the store after the kids went to bed and this is what I got:
2 Puff Tissues
2 Hot Pocket Calzones
1 Ketchup
4 Aqua Fresh Toothpastes
6 Herbal Essence Shampoo/Cond
2 Deoderants
2 pkg Halls Cough Drops
$6.82 pkg center cut Pork Chops
$10.21 in NY Strip Steaks
$6.74 in Sirloin Steaks
$13.83 in TBone Steaks
4 lbs gala apples
Paid $26.52 SAVED $97.58
The funny thing is, this is not too unusual. I just had time to blog about it tonight! The other day I went to CVS (similar to Walgreens) and bought $37 in medicine & toilettres for only $0.88. I am totally stocked on anything and EVERYTHING we need! The clerk knows me well and laughs every time I am in there. Last time he told me, "you don't shop at CVS, you rob them!" The best part is we have our 3 month supply in everyday foods. I LOVE good deals!
12 comments:
okay you need to share your secrets!!
sorry this is jenny heyman, not chris.
That is so awesome. I want to be a shopper like you. Thanks for sharing you secrets with me when you were up here. If I lived closer I could get a crash course and borrow some shampoo from you. Wow that is amazing how much you saved. GO COUPONS!!!
That's awesome! What program do you use? In TX the only grocery store is HEB and I've yet to find a coupon program that works with that store. We do have a Walgreens though...
Okay girl you REALLY need to tell me what you are doing to save all this money! Come on...teach me!
You need to teach me what you do because I tried this and I NEVER got that kind of savings!
I just started doing this too, love it!!!
Holy Cow! I need to start coupon clipping ASAP!
That's so great! I try some things, but I don't know if I have the time for the coupons.
Will you please call me next time you go so I can just follow behind you!! How do you do that?! Can I pay you to teach me!! I need a good 3 month supply!
impressive!
I need to start doing Coupon Sense once we get back to AZ. Even if its just for the steaks!!
Post a Comment