Friday, July 20, 2007

EFG





Hallie was able to go to Especially For Grandkids (EFG) this year and had a blast with all the cousins and grandma and grandpa. When they arrived, Drew got Hallie and Lexie (her cousin who is around the same age) situated with thier backpacks and hats. The backpacks were huge on thier little bodies and the brim of thier hats fell into thier faces, despite making it as tight as possible. They both looked at Drew a little overwhelmed and Drew had to send them over to grandpa and escape before he started getting emotional!

But by the time we picked them up on Saturday they were old pros and had a BLAST doing all sorts of fun things: fishing, riding horses, treasure hunts, princess parties, slushie machines, and tons more. She learned all about tithing and has been collecting and organizing (and reorganizing) her money in her cash box. She loves adding to it, which Drew loves since that is totally a quality from him.

Drew and I were reflecting about her that first night, wondering what she was doing, etc. and Drew mentioned that we needed to let her go because she is going to grow so much from EFG and she certainly did.

The first picture I took of her when we very first saw her is a classic. She had that “camper” look—she had “done” her own hair for 3 days, she was hot, smelt like the outdoors, she was filthy, but the smile she gave us when she saw us made me start to cry!

She had such a fun time and grew much closer to all her cousins. It was hard to leave them when we left for home, but it will make reunions that much more sweet.

5 comments:

megan said...

ffun times. The girls really miss hallie. I love the picture of all the cereals that is a classic. Lexie is looking forward to next year and wants to sleep next to hallie in the tent.

Haleigh said...

Tanya-
I found your blog on Brittany Williams. This is too fun! I think I've found half the ward : )See you Sunday.

Haleigh

Haleigh said...

It looks like you guys had fun! BTW, We had someone else do our cabinets, but I watched them, and it was a pretty easy process. They primed ours, and then painted them an ivory color. Then they rubbed an oil based brown color into the grain and corners of the wood and finished by spraying a glaze on them. You can come take a look at them any time you want!

Haleigh

Brittany Williams said...

I love these pictures of Hallie! Looks like she had a good time. How did she like her first day bakc to school? We missed her today and swimming!

the waites said...

Ok so I showed Donna the EFG and she wants details because it is the cutest idea ever and she wants to do it!